The Old Almondburians' Society
The Old Almondburians
Library window in 2006
This stained glass window in the Library was created by art master Edward Akroyd in 1940, in the days when it was wrongly thought that the School had received its Charter in 1609. Incorporating the school crest, it is a fitting memorial to a man who, over 35 years, made many contributions to the artistic life of the School.
Stained glass
Photo: Roger Dowling