The Old Almondburians' Society
The Old Almondburians
New crest
New School crest
This later version of the School crest first appeared around 1945. The crest originally carried the date 1609, but this was corrected to 1608 when the School Charter was re-discovered in 1952. At the same time, the wording (originally 'YE GRAMAR SCHOLE OF KINGE JAMES IN ALLMONBURY') was corrected to read 'THE FREE GRAM'AR SCHOLE OF KINGE JAMES IN ALMONBURY'. The original drawing was by Edward Akroyd; the revised lettering was by Roger Dowling.