The Old Almondburians' Society
The Old Almondburians
The 1939 extensions
The growth of the School in the 1930s made it essential to embark on major extensions which were completed in 1939. In addition to the familiar building shown here (comprising new Physics and Chemistry laboratories, three classrooms and a staff common room), the extensions also provided an Art Room and Handicraft Room at the rear and - for the first time - a purpose designed gymnasium/assembly room.
The 1939 extensions