The Old Almondburians' Society
The Old Almondburians
Form 4L in the new Chemistry Lab in 1940
The 'new' School extensions cost £16,000 and were completed in 1939. They included well-equipped Physics and Chemistry labs; this view of the Chemistry lab, with a fume cupboard containing Kipp's Apparatus in the background, will be familiar to every Old Almondburian.
Chemistry lab
Photo: Austin Holroyd